Sunday, June 29, 2008

Quote me on this

"Don`t you ever wonder, maybe if things had been slightly different, you could`ve been someone else."


Someone else. Not yourself. Someone completely different.
I'm pretty sure everyones thought that at one time or another. What if I'd chosen that option rather than this one? How different would things of become?
I believe this quote is completely accurate. The life I lead had many opportunities to transform into another life. I clearly remember certain details that would've altered everything.
- My parents' choice to live in Arizona rather than Hawaii.
(I could've been a surfer or a scuba diver! I could've aspired to be a marine biologist rather than a journalist.)
- My choice to find a new crowd to run with freshman year.
(Boy, I really dodged a bullet there. Instead of an overachiever who cared about life and grades, I almost ended up as a failure who partied 24/7.)
- My choice to stop playing sports and try other things.
(A jock rather than a journalist/theatre kid. Imagine that.)
- My choice to date him.
(No elaboration needed.)
It's funny how much a single decision could alter your life. If anything, the crucial roles that these decisions played in my life make me really consider everything. Everything. Down to the tiniest detail of whether to eat breakfast or not in the morning, but it isn't always tiny details that we're left to consider.
Currently, I'm faced with a multitude of major decisions. The one that's been waying most heavly on my mind seems to be that of where to go to college.
For some reason NYU has been planted into my brain. I've always wanted to go to a great school and live in the city. It seems to be the ideal place for me. It's a liberal arts college, so it's not that structured. I don't know though. It'd be a lot of money, but the experience would be well worth it.
Choices.
Options.
Answers.
Decisions.
No matter what you call them, they're all the same thing, and every one of them could change your life forever.

- Dallas
Life isn't easier for other people,
we're just better at faking it.

No comments: