Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Hello silence

Silence.
That's what's ringing through my head.
He said he made a mistake somewhere along the line in raising me. I'm inconsiderate, lack respect and don't try. That's what he said.
Inconsiderate.
Helping children in a third world country.
Helping the community by volunteering at various places.
Helping friends with homework.
Helping friends with their problems.
Helping strangers in need.
Lack of respect.
I don't use foul language when speaking to adults.
I don't argue with teachers or professors.
I don't look down upon those who aren't my equals.
I don't make fun or harrass the elderly.
I don't point out that the reason things are mess is because of her.
Not trying.
I take ap courses.
I joined more clubs then the average student.
I study when necessary.
I redo things that I mess up on.
I constantly aim for perfection.

I thought I was doing so well. Apparently my best really isn't good enough. All this time I thought I was a pretty good daughter. I've never failed a class. I've never drank, smoked or experimented with drugs. I've never done anything to intentionally hurt them. Given, I forget things sometimes when they tell me to do them, but I'm human. I'm doing the best I can. Perfection isn't as attainable as I would like it to be.

Sorry for being a disappointment.
Really. I'm so, so sorry.
But sorry's an empty word.
Least that's what you told me...

- Dallas
Life isn't easier for other people,
we're just better at faking it.

No comments: