Saturday, January 12, 2008

Update.

#031 l Write down my personal mission statement at the beginning of the year, follow it, and revise it from time to time.

I will take the time to listen to my parents ramble about their youth. I will not insist that the car windows be rolled up because my hair will get messy. I won't worry about grass stains, tears or my socks not matching my outfit. I will use postcards rather than saving them until dust collects on them. I won't worry about whether or not I'm making an embarrassment of myself. I will spend less time loling and more time laughing out loud at life. I'll realize that satisfying some people is impossible, and others just want you to satisfy yourself. I will have no regrets. I will let loose and be myself. I will not take to heart the untrue, but the true. Instead of wishing high school will end already, I'll treasure each day as one I won't get back. I'll appreciate those who offer their guidance. When my mother wants to watch a movie or play a game, I'll say "I'd love to" rather than "I'm busy," because she won't be around much longer. I'll seize every minute, look at it & really see it. I'll live it... and never give it back.

No comments: